RE: COVID-19 Coronavirus
UPDATED: June 15, 2020
We take the health & safety of our Stewart Family (employees) & customers very seriously. Back in March, we identified and implemented best practices to do our part in stopping the spread of, this contagious disease. We’re diligently following all World Health Organization and CDC Guidelines and recommendations. Rest assured we will be staying abreast of new recommendations as they are released and making all necessary procedural changes to ensure the health and safety of our teams and customers. As of now, we do not have any staff directly impacted by COVID-19 and any employees that are sick in any way are being asked to stay home.
Our move crews have been provided with a face mask to wear when it isn’t possible to maintain Social Distance of 6 feet.
Latest guidance from the World Health Organization is that COVID-19 is not as easily transmitted on surfaces as originally believed. This means that attempts to sterilize boxes or household items is likely unnecessary and concerns of shipments sharing a truck for transport are unwarranted. Most recent guidance is to avoid close contact especially indoors where the virus can remain airborne in quantities high enough to infect others.
We all have a responsibility to contribute to the containment of this disease- please remember to:
- Avoid close contact with people- especially if you or they are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Wear a face mask if you’re exhibiting symptoms of the Coronavirus, self-quarantine immediately, & seek testing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
These very important reminders have been passed along to all our Stewart Family (employees), as well.
*Please don’t be offended if your move team doesn’t shake your hand when arriving to or departing from your home.