In a recent report published by AARP, 8,000 baby boomers are turning 65 each day until 2029.
Seniors want to remain independent, but in order to live independently seniors need help –a lot of help.
This growing population of seniors will need help downsizing their homes. They need to sell their now too large homes for smaller places, but the complexities and stress of downsizing can be overwhelming. Seniors have historically turned to their children to assist them in downsizing their homes with the children having to devote approximately 25 days working with their parents.
Stewart Moving & Storage Senior Transition Services are designed to help seniors move to their new smaller homes without the stress of doing it themselves. Our comprehensive program helps them determine the items that need to be kept for their new homes, those things that other family members would like to have, getting their homes ready to put on the market, selling those things that they will no longer need in their new homes, moving them to their new homes and assisting them in setting up the new homes.
We provide counselors who are there to help them in every aspect of their transitions to their new homes, whether that home is in the same community or across the country. Our caring and compassionate staff will be there to assist you every step of the way.
We provide the following list of services to our senior clients:
- Declutter and staging service to help sell your home.
- Providing three real estate agents to interview
- Storing your excess possessions
- Selling those items you no longer need.
- Packing your fragile items for the move.
- Shipping items to love ones
- Moving you to your new home
- Assistance in setting up your new home
- Maid Service to clean your home after you have moved.
- Installation of appliances and electronic equipment.